My recent post talking about weakness my not have been clear to some of you. I appologize for any confusion that was caused. At the time I published the post, I had zero to maybe 2% of my normal leg strength. Paralized from the waste down. Now I was and em still hopeful and plan for a 100% return to function. Of course the Dr's put a much different "downer" look @ the picture & have continued to give me the worse possible outlook.
So with that I have been working at(regaining strength, function) my improvement as much as possible. Ok I hope that clears upsome of the con fusion about my weakness. Slight improvement has begun.
Onto what's up......... My radiation & trying to shrink the mass I have in my spine will continue for another 5 sessions. The mass burst through at T-6. X-Rays will be taken today & may give us a little in site into any "SHRINGAGE" which would be a good thing for once. Now I have bony involvement all over this chizzeled frame & the radiation hits T-6 to C-6. With some of the angles the rad actually hit my stream as well. This is good since it has been such a trouble & painful area.
Maybe in a blog post or group email I will give further details about my care or lack there of from my Dr here looking after me & the care of the staff along with thier abilities and poor knowledge of Pt. care. There is way 2 much to get into that this time.
I am still in good spirits, however my Dr. Seems to bring me down every time he enters and leaves my room. Dispute him we'll keep pushing and bust on outnthis ______________!!!!!! just like shawshank sometime in the near future.
Be well everyone, & like always thank you forneverything.
Love Scott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hang in there Scotty. More sexy legg pix please! ;-)
---Kimmer xo
All the best to you Scott. Keep the upbeat attitude. You are in my thoughts and prayers.....no matter where the govt may send me...lol--Derek
your uncle Wayne and family are praying for you. L, WLEA&Wjr
For probably the first time ever, you've got a world of peeps praying for your Shrinkage! :o)
Don't let that Dr drag your spirit down, my friend!
peace out....
Yarger
Daily posts forwarded to my Inbox--makes it way easy to keep tabs. Try to keep posting every day that you can.
"She saw me toweling off after the pool. It was cold in there. Surely she knows about shrinkage, right? Don't all women know about shrinkage?" -G. Costanza
"No, I don't think they do." -J. Seinfeld
Stay positive! Stay strong! Praying for shrinkage and healing for you. Love ya!
-Sue
G'day from down under, mate. My 5 month old Jersey is sending her gorgeous smile your way, pardon our 2 year old Joe who's too busy with Mr. Potatohead to look up, just got a "woof" out of our dog Boise, although if you saw him you'd think he'd say "Moo" and my wife Lu and I say "keep in good spirits". Thinking about you. Curtis, Lu, Joe,Jersey and the Moo.
I love your strength, determination, humor, attitude and YOU!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to my dear dear friend!!!!
~ Deb :)
Post a Comment